Rocky Linux 9 & Symfony 6 with NETBean (Part 1)
This course will take you through what is needed to create a USB image of Rocky Linux. Install it on a PC or Laptop. Then set it up as a PHP & Symfony Workstation. You will also learn what a firewall is and how to set one up.
- Repurpose a PC or Laptop to become a Programming Workstation.
- Create a Bootable USB.
- Install an Operating System from scratch.
Hardware for a Workstation
Creating a Bootable USB
ISO to USB05:02
Quiz, Setting up to Install
Wiping the existing OS, installing Rocky Linux
Installing Rocky Linux
Booting Rocky Linux for the First Time
Updating Rocky Linux
Keep your System up to date.
Setting up a Workstation
Installing PHP 8.0
Symfony 6 on Rocky Linux 9
There is an update available
Our first project and Setting up github
Your First Symfony Project
Dashboard Controller Project (Symfony Installation)
Creating the Dashboard Controller
PHP My Admin
Student Ratings & Reviews
No Review Yet
- PC or Laptop whose HardDrive you can wipe.
- Best to have 16GB Ram
- 500 GB HD
- i5 or better (an i3 is TOO slow)
- 16GB USB Drive
- You will make mistakes.
- Linux changes fast, so my instruction may be out of date when you run them, and you will have to learn to adapt.
- Let me know what does not work so I can update the instructions.
- Even better, let me know how you fixed the mistakes yourself!
- What to learn programming?
- Have the desire to get under the hood of your computer?